I am currently writing this post from an airplane, mid-flight, on my way to New York City. How crazy is that?
Okay, well maybe for you it isn’t that crazy, but for me it’s about as crazy as it gets.
Here’s a secret: before 6 am this morning, I’d never been on a plane before. I know right? Shocker. But by the time this post goes live, I’ll practically be a pro!
Anyways, I apologize for the lack of posting as of late. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks. Midterms, school activities, my new position at my job, and getting ready for this trip have all been kicking my butt. I promise that I’ll make it up to you guys with a bunch of posts about New York when I get back. 🙂
So here I am, on a flight with 20 or so Apparel Merchandising/Design students and two professors on our way to the Big Apple to meet with, interview, and make connections with alumni and other people working in the industry. Although I should probably be catching some Z’s right now, considering I got about 4 hours of sleep last night, I just can’t help but be too excited to even think about sleeping. Also, way to go me for starting to pack at 9 pm last night (S/O to my mom for coming to my rescue and helping out!) I’ll do my best to link everything that I packed either below or in future blog posts.
BTW the dress code for the next 5 days is business casual, but of course I want to show off my own personal style as well.
SIDE NOTE: DO NOT JUDGE ME FOR PACKING SO MUCH. IT’S JUST WHO I AM AND I CAN’T HELP IT.
Here’s a list of some of the things I packed as well as why I packed it and/or how I plan to style it!
- I got this great tote purse in the olive color at Old Navy right before my trip. It is spacious enough to hold my laptop and portfolio as well as books for reading on the flight and various other things. Plus, it looks a lot like a Longchamp Tote for the fraction of the price!
- Inside my purse I have my laptop (duh) and some books to read on my flight or during my lay over in Dallas. I brought GirlBoss by Sofia Amoruso, founder and CEO of NastyGal clothing. It is honestly one of my favorite books at the moment; so inspiring and motivational. I also packed An Abundance of Katherine’s by John Green in case I needed a good love story pick me up. And who doesn’t love John Green?
- Of course I have some makeup in my purse in case I need any last minute touch ups after the flight or a bite to eat. I have it all in this adorable little double sided zipper pouch that I found at Target. For some weird reason I have this obsession with little pouches. I guess you can never have too many right?
- Phone, wallet, keys, boarding pass, and plane ticket (for obvious reasons).
- First off, I found this amazing carry-on at Ross that I have quickly become obsessed with. It’s by Adrienne Vittadini and it’s basically what I would look like if I were a bag. Sadly, I can’t link it because it’s no longer available online.
- In my carry-on I have a spare outfit (for an interview I have later this afternoon I might add). It’s this adorable blouse and these black pants with faux leather on the sides. I’m wearing it with a pair of black lace up flats that I bought forever ago at, who would have guessed it, Old Navy. Here’s a link to a similar pair.
- I also packed my DSLR camera, because how else would I take pictures for you guys?
- Then of course I have my makeup bag and toiletries and PJs. So boring, I know.
- Surprise, surprise, your girl went shopping before the trip and while I was at JCPenney’s I fell absolutely in love with this black leather pencil skirt. Because who doesn’t need some leather in their wardrobe 😉
- I also packed this super cute fall floral dress (pictured above) that you might have seen on my Instagram if you follow me (if not, it’s kendallshea22….shameless plug). I love it so much because it is so comfy and flowy but it still looks nice. And those colors are so gorgeous together.
- Finally, I snagged one of those button front denim skirts that have been all the rage lately. This one was from Old Navy but it was on clearance so it’s not sold online anymore 🙁
- Super pumped to wear and accessorize my suede skirt too. Suede has been the material of the season, and I can’t wait to wear this one out for the night with tights and tall boots.
Well, that really about it. I would hate to spoil everything for you guys in just one post. I so excited to finally be going to the Big City. It’s something I’ve been waiting for and dreaming about for years. Until next time, wish me luck and keep up with the madness on my Instagram, because you just know I’m going to be taking and posting pictures like crazy!