I don’t know about you guys, but it has been humid, sticky, and hot all week here. I am getting real sick of this weather. Who’s ready for fall? *raised hand emoji*
But seriously, I am so tired of getting ready and doing my makeup only to walk out the door and sweat it all off. What’s the point? Well, I’ve been doing some research (and by research I mean Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram digging) and I have compiled a list of my new favorite beauty products to help keep your makeup in its place during the summer.
- Beauty Blenders (or any quality makeup sponge) – I don’t remember who, but one of the makeup accounts I follow on Twitter recently tweeted a tip about applying your makeup with a damp beauty blender. If you know anything about makeup, you probably already knew this, but to me it was like the heavens had opened. I swear, this little tip has revolutionized my makeup game. And believe it or not, the foundation goes on so much smoother and stays on for a really long time. I got these sponges from TJ Maxx, but you can get the original beauty blender here or you can get cheaper versions from Target here and from Real Techniques here. However, remember to read reviews and tread with caution when buying cheap dupes.
- Matte Foundation – One of my favorite foundations has been the Fit Me foundation by Maybelline (Shade 112). Whenever I try something new, I always end up coming back to this one. So it came as no surprise that when they released their matte and poreless formula, I was all over it. Now I know that people have different types of skin and not everyone can use the same foundation and achieve the same results, so please go out there and find what’s best for you.
- BB Cream with SPF – The same Twitter account that made the suggestion about the damp beauty blender also recommended mixing a little BB cream into your foundation for a flawless application. I was skeptical at first, but this is another tip that has changed the way I do my makeup. (I wish I could remember which account it was who said this…I follow too many makeup accounts) Anyways, this summer I, surprisingly, got a little bit of sun, and I realized that my foundation washed me out. However, the next shade was too dark. Then I remembered that I had this BB cream from L’Oreal Paris that I tried and realized was too dark for my skin tone. One thing led to another and now I always add a little BB cream to my foundation and apply with a damp beauty blender. Thanks random makeup Twitter account! 🙂
- Setting Powder – I don’t know why it took me so long to get on the “setting powder is a God send” train, but I am so happy I finally did. Better late than never. But in all seriousness, this is my new favorite product in my beauty routine. I bought this setting powder from NYX a while back and it has been a life saver during these hot, sweaty weeks.
- Setting Spray – Along the same lines as a setting powder, a setting spray is also a great purchase to make. I know everyone raves about this setting spray by Urban Decay, and honestly if you have the money I’m sure it’s great. But I got this one from NYX as well and it has been working great. I just use a couple of sprays before I go out the door and voila my makeup is set for the day!
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I hope it was at least some what helpful. I am no makeup expert but I just wanted to share my honest thoughts and opinions. See ya next week with a new post!